Flooring is one of the most important aspects of a home renovation. Your floors are a source of comfort, protection, warmth, and looks, so you almost need to fall in love with new flooring before you install it. If you don't like your floors, your room will never be exactly what you want it to be.
Choosing a floor starts with understanding your options. In this post, we're going to be discussing the laminate flooring options that you'll have at your disposal during your renovation. Laminate is an affordable and attractive flooring solution that works well with any room and any interior design style.
Don't go into this process blind. Learn all you can about laminate flooring by reading this article, then make the decision that's best for your home.
1.?Mohawk RevWood PlusRevWood Plus is one of the best laminate flooring options on the market. It utilizes the Mohawk Hydroseal technology and a Uniclic joint to give every plank a waterproof seal and prevent water from getting in the seams of the planks. This makes the RevWood Plus line completely waterproof, so it's really great for kitchens and bathrooms.
All in all, there are 27 choices of finish and 3 choices of width (5", 7.5", 9.44"), giving you a lot of customizability within this one line of laminate. The planks have individualized scrapes and textures, so each plank has the impression of real wood. Plus, they're 12mm thick, so they feel like real wood too.
Visit our site to look at the?different RevWood plus finishes?and use our room view tool to see how they look in your home.
2.?Restoration Collection by ManningtonMannington, too, uses its own SpillShield Plus Waterproof technology in its gorgeous Restoration Collection. Between the waterproofing and the beautiful wood look, you're looking at a top-tier laminate through and through. It also has an AC4 rating, making the Restoration Collection nearly impossible to scuff and scratch.
Like the RevWood Plus, the Restoration Collection makes for great kitchen, washroom, or laundry room flooring. The thicker planks (over 12mm) give it a certain sturdiness that other laminates don't have, so you can feel confident and comfortable on a strong floor.
As you'll see on our site, the Restoration Collection has a?vast number of finishes and widths, the most popular being 8". Each plank is 51" long, but you can choose 3" and 5" widths in addition to the standard 8" plank.
3. Mohawk RevWoodRevWood Select is Mohawk's more affordable line of laminates, ditching the waterproof technology of the higher-end Plus product. It still offers a wide range of styles across 8 different collections, giving you far more finishes to choose from than the upscale laminates. You'll still get to choose between 5.25", 6.12", and 7.5" planks, giving you options there as well.
Although it's not as practical as the Plus line of laminates, you're getting a more affordable and no less attractive product when you go with Select. Look on our website and you'll be able to view every style from every collection to figure out which is best for your bedroom, living room, and/or hallways.
4. Apex by KrausKraus has been in the flooring business for?over 60 years, manufacturing stylish and classic flooring solutions to fit any and every application. All of the laminates are priced fairly, making them a great affordable option. The Apex collection is one of the best laminate choices for a busy home that needs a no-frills, all-around flooring option.
The Kraus Insta-Loc system and the attached pad make these planks incredibly easy to install on your own in no time at all. With the Apex series, you get 5" width planks that?come in 5 finishes: Coast Walnut, Penticton Rosewood, Creekview Mahogony, Poma Maple, and Westbank Oak.
5. Cascade LaminateThe?Cascade H2O Series?is making waves in the world of laminate, though Cascade Laminates is a very old and experienced laminate manufacturer based out of Western Canada. With a massive distribution network, Cascade is able to acquire laminates at "considerable savings", which are then transferred over to the consumer for an affordable, yet functional and attractive flooring option.
The H20 Series has?numerous qualities going for it, which are as follows:
- Moisture shield protected from spills for up to 96 hours.
- Scratch, dent, stain-resistant.
- CARB 2 and FloorScore?certified for in-home air quality.
- Easy-to-use drop-down locking system.
- Easy to clean with a damp mop.
6.?Stanley Park by KrausFor another entry from Kraus, we've got the?Stanley Park line of laminates. These are slightly more upscale items from Kraus, offering a scuff, scratch, impact, and dent-resistant finish. It's also GREENGUARD GOLD indoor air quality and CARB 2 certified, making it one of the best for air quality.?
The Stanley Park is recommended for residential and light industrial use and is easily installed with the same Kraus 2G Insta-Loc system that you find in the Apex line. You'll get a 27-year warranty,?AC4 Class 23/32 rating?product when you choose Stanley Park laminates, not to mention a choice between 7 lovely finishes.
7. Equinox Multi by TAS FlooringTAS Flooring is all about innovation and quality service, providing various types of laminate at a wide range of price points. The Equinox Multi is an upper-echelon line of laminates that features the AtroGuard Core technology and Tight-Lock 5-points locking system to ensure that no moisture penetrates your laminate for 72 hours. You can easily wet mop spills and stains, making this another great choice for any room, including the bathroom and kitchen.
The AtroGuard technology also helps to give the Equinox Multi a truly seamless look. You can install up to 4,000 SF before needing flooring transitions. You can order from?7 finishes and 3 widths directly on our site, so you'll get exactly what you want from your TAS Flooring laminate.