Home improvement projects can improve the look and functionality of your home. Their use can help a home that has dated design elements look years younger.?
If your house needs a facelift, but you are unsure where to start, we've got you covered. Our guide looks at the top ten home improvement ideas you can do to improve the look of your house.?
1. Add Paint?Home updates don't have to break the bank! An easy update you can make to any room in your house is to add a fresh coat of paint to the walls.?
Try lighter whites and beiges for smaller rooms to keep the room bright and open. If you want a dramatic look, paint a room a jewel tone. If you don't want to commit to such a significant change, pick one wall to add color to and make it an accent wall.?
2. Replace Your Cabinets?Another way to take some years off your kitchen is by updating your kitchen cabinets. When you redo this feature, you can add extra space and style to your kitchen.?
If you are working within a budget, you can paint your cabinets for an inexpensive update. Make sure to take the hardware and cabinet fronts off before you paint, or things will look sloppy.?
Change out the old hardware for a new version to finish the look. You won't believe how much this simple upgrade will do to your kitchen.?
3. Change the Front Entrance?The outside of your home is the first impression anyone will have when they see your house. Update it by giving the front doorway a makeover.?
Paint the front door a bold and stylish color like black, yellow, or blue. Add large, decorative house numbers to the side of your home. A new doorknob and fresh plants will take your entryway to the next level.?
4. Make a Statement Wall?Another DIY home project you can handle is to create a statement wall somewhere in your house. These walls look great as the backdrop to your bed or couch.?
One quick way to make a statement wall is to add fun printed wallpaper. You can also paint the wall a contrasting color to make it pop. If you feel crafty, try a DIY board and batten wall for a textured look.?
5. Add Granite Countertops?Adding granite countertops is a great way to make your space feel fresh and modern. The right type of granite will bring tons of character to your kitchen while making it easier to keep clean.?
Certain granite colors can look dated with time. In the 90s, beige, brown, and peach granite were all the rage. Today,?granite with cool undertones?is taking center stage.?
If you already have granite that feels older, you can make it pop by changing up the other features in your kitchen. Do you have warm granite with beige undertones? Add natural wooden shelving, white walls, and fresh greenery.?
6. Brighten Up With New Windows?Adding new windows can be a game-changer if you are up for a bit of a more involved home remodeling project. Take out your smaller, inefficient windows and swap them for a floor-to-ceiling style.?
Another way to bring in more light is to add a skylight. Try putting one in your bathroom or bedroom to brighten up the space.?
7. Update the Outside?You don't have to focus on the inside of your home when renovating. One great idea is to add a fire pit to your yard. You can get as simple or fancy as you want with this upgrade.?
For an upscale update, find a modern fire pit and put it in the center of a patio. Add some chic furniture and large potted plants to finish the look off.?
8. Change up the Flooring?Another simple home renovation you can do is swap your carpet for hardwood flooring. Carpets can trap odors and bacteria, but a wood floor is much easier to keep clean. It also brings a warmth to your home that carpets don't have.?
Try a patterned tile for the floor if you want to add a new style to a bathroom. Find a tile with a large pattern and make it the focal point in the room. Keep the rest of the bathroom neutral and let the floor do all the talking.?
9. Add Crown Molding?Is there anything fancier than crown molding in a room? Give your rooms the royal treatment with this DIY project.?
You can find many tutorials online to create this look in your home. If you don't have much cash to spend, give peel and stick crown molding a try. You'll be amazed at how real it looks!?
10. Upgrade Appliances?Nothing ages a home like outdated appliances. One easy home improvement you can make is by upgrading your appliances to look sleek and new. A bonus factor is that most newer appliances?are energy-efficient, saving you money in the long run.?
Bring New Life to Your Home With These Home Improvement IdeasIf you aren't ready to buy a new house, updating areas of your home can make it feel brand new. Any of these home improvement ideas will get you excited to walk through your front door every day.?
Dave's Home Supply can help bring your vision to life if you are ready for a home upgrade.?Contact us today?to get the process started.